Now we are looking for Mechanics Architect to join one of our global clients in their office in Helsinki, Finland. In this position, your main contribution is in new device technology development. You’ll actively work with R&D product concept design creations, product architecture and new innovation development.
Key focus areas:
- Architecture design tasks for Mechanics architecture, HW component and antenna optimal integration into product design.
- Contribution to future industrial design, materials, concepts and visions.
- Create, develop and summarizes new innovative technology solutions for identified technology gaps and areas were technology development is needed to improve phone user experience, competitiveness and reliability.
- Gather new technology possibilities from European suppliers and identify most interesting ones for further evaluation.
- Plan and participate design for prototypes and design demonstrators.
- Documentation of solutions for phone architecture design, materials and HW component integration.
- Generate needed documents/specifications which describes solution targets and key design principles for device concepts, structures, components and related solutions for detail design work
- Communicating and sharing development progress, findings and open items/results effectively.
Desired skills and background
- M.Sc or B.Sc (or above) in engineering or relevant areas.
- More than 5 years working experience in mobile device design related industry.
- Wide expert knowledge of mobile phone concept/mechanics/architecture design.
- Device concept and new technology solutions development experience needed.
- 3D cad design / visualization tool experience. Preferred from Creo.
- Expert knowledge from utilized architecture and mechanics related technologies in phone devices, including basic knowledge electrical and electro mechanical integration aspects from display, touch, audio, antenna, camera, interconnection, battery, charging, data transmission and antenna technology integration.
- Good understanding of technologies which are critical for volume production.
- Understand of different manufacturing processes and technologies integrations.