One of our clients is looking for an Optics Design Specialist for their R&D office in Helsinki, Finland.
- Provide optical design and explore innovative optical systems for products (like AR/VR display) and taking charge of related collaboration projects with companies or institutes.
- Be on the pulse of the latest optical technologies, and regularly participate in the optical design related forums and associations.
- Responsible for the management of design software if required.
- Maintain network in the industry for optical design.
Desired qualifications and skills:
- Major in optical engineering, optical science, physics or electrical engineering, Ph.D is preferred.
- Experience in optical design and development, including systems design and integration, of AR/VR products, projection display systems, or imaging systems.
- Knowledge of light sources (lasers and LED’s), diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin films optics.
- Knowledge of coherence and polarization optics is desirable.
- Experience in using ray-tracing programs for design, analysis, optimization and tolerance (e.g., Zemax) and familiar with the optical design tools like Virtual Lab, CodeV, Matlab and related user-defined programming.
- Experience in corresponding optical measurements is desirable.
- 3+ years of work experience in the optical system design.
- Excellent communication, cooperation and project management skills.
- Working proficiency in English.